Info about the trip
- The study trip will take place in the summer of 2018.
- The trip will take about 3 weeks
- 25 students and professors will be selected from all applications to partake in the studytrip.
- interested students can send in their applications up until the 19th of March
- selection procedure will take place from the 20th of March.
- at the latest on the 30th of April the selection results will be published.
- the studytrip will cost between €1000 – €1400 per person. (final price depends on personal situation)
- during the studytrip you will visit lots of interesting and cool companies in Japan and South Korea.
- as preparation for the studytrip a theme course will be set up for all the participants to take.
- next to the theme course every participant is also expected to do a certain amount of hours in casework to help pay for the studytrip and gain experience in working for companies.
How much time will this cost me?
We expect the workload for the studytrip committees, the cases and the theme course to be around 12-20 hours a week on average. This sounds like much, but the workload depends per period, person and committee, for now we cannot say very much about this, so we made an estimate that is on the safe side. The committee work is comparable to a normal Proto committee, of course depending on the committee in which periods you will be busy the most.
In the months prior to the trip itself you will have to perform a certain number of case hours, which will bring in money for the foundation to make the trip cheaper. This casework can range from small jobs at the UT to an R&D assignment at a big company.
There will be a mandatory theme course for all the studytrip participants, it will consist of a few EC’s and will probably take place during either the third or the fourth quartile of the 2017-2018 academic year. What the theme course will be about is completely up to the committee members and the other studytrip participants.
Often students make the trip longer by sticking a few weeks of holiday to the end of the studytrip, we want to enable this for students where possible. Traveling after the studytrip is allowed, travelling before the studytrip is not allowed.
If you wish to travel after the studytrip, please notify us as soon as possible so that we can arrange the return flight with you.